THE SAWLFA MISSION:
- All products conform to strict European and South African standards.
- Protection of the public through the establishment of industry standards.
- Installations are performed according to SANS 10043 and 10070.
TO BE ACHIEVED BY:
- Providing a unified voice for the industry.
- Setting and maintaining industry standards through:
The completion of Codes of Practice in conjunction with recognised international and local authorities.
These include Standards SA and the Building Technology Division of the CSIR.
- Accreditation of installers of wood, laminate and vinyl flooring:
No installer member is listed without going through the correct installation procedures exam (accreditation).
- Establishment of guidelines and material for training and education of industry participants.
- Playing an advisory role and providing impartial opinions (Inspections) to resolve problems and/or disputes.
- Providing a central advisory forum for technical matters.